Monday 17 December 2012

LT Testing and New Books

Got some new books yesterday! Or well second hand books that are in "like new" condition. Very satisfied  Got them off Amazon then forwarded from my US address to Hong Kong.

Left to right: Breakthrough Swimming, Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance and The Triathlete's Training Bible 2nd Edition

All those books have been suggested by many fellow athletes over at SlowTwitch. A more comprehensive list can be found here.

Quite an interesting read in fact. I only flipped through the swimming and bike maintenance book briefly and have been focusing on the TTB (Triathlete's Training Bible) more. I certainly have learnt more about planning and lactic threshold and tapering. 

I had a PE lesson today where I attempted to do a Graded Test for lactic threshold for swimming but that failed rather miserably as I didn't get enough data. I'll be attempting another graded test tomorrow lunchtime and a following 1000m TT on Thursday to get my pacing and everything in time for the start of my annual training plan which is due to start next Monday. 

Absolutely miserable 

Schedule for tomorrow:
  1. Swimming graded test with more data to calculate a rough lactic threshold for swimming
  2. Interval training tomorrow after-school or a running graded test to calculate a rough lactic threshold for running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment